Take into the curriculum the MBA (Master of Business Administration) is an aspiration that grows between professionals and not just because the network of contacts and knowledge gained: they know they are well regarded by employers.
Currently, 84% of employers worldwide say they plan to hire MBA graduates , compared with 74% of recruiters who sought this talent between 2014-2015 according to the Corporate Recruiters Survey ( Corporate Recruiters Survey ) conducted by GMAC , an organization that applies the GMAT (assessment income for the MBA MBA).
Latin American companies show more interest in staff with expertise in business administration, according to the report of GMAC, which included interviews with 750 employers, 5% Latin America. On this continent, 75% of recruiters says ‘shall hunt’ this talent, 20 points ahead of the Europeans.
MBAs are set to cover mainly functions related to marketing or business area, according to 54% of respondents. Y is greater interest in the MBA, which otherwise the graduate degree (84% said they look for a MBA versus 55% would choose to graduate master’s degree in accounting, for example).
This is no time MBA: 7 Signs
Harnessing the general knowledge of the MBA is a growing desire for the employer, but every professional is suitable candidate for the MBA? Perhaps this program is not for you (at this time) and here are some signs:
1. rush to be a director (and with little effort). This program is for professional who want to consolidate management tools and leadership, but “does not work alone. It is a very demanding course, which requires transformation based on discipline, “said Alejandro Cruz, International Development of the business school of Luxembourg.
The management ensures that a person without clarity about what you want after MBA “should not take the course.” This expertise should be seen as a channel to an end and not as the ultimate goal to increase salary, adds Cruz, who conducted the MBA at Manchester Business School, England.
2. Your order is ‘status’ . Of particular make it, some do interviews for MBA candidates arguing that want to improve their socioeconomic status. This reveals, among other things, an inferiority complex that nothing is attractive to business schools, says Juan Pablo Calderón Dávalos, director of MBA Anahuac North and South.
Not convinced of the impact that the program is another sign. “There are candidates in the interview say: ‘Convince stay at your program’. This arrogance reveals that the person does not recognize their shortcomings, nor the opportunities to learn something new, “Calderon Dávalos argues.
3. Growing network of friends. True, the MBA enables you to create a network of contacts with profiles that are or are in danger of becoming decision makers. But to think that the MBA is a space just to “rub shoulders with people who will help you personal, how to grow a business, is condemned to failure in the program,” says Ana Luisa Mondragon, a graduate of the MBA program at Anahuac.
“To enter this master need clarity about what you need for a certain goal and humildad.Nadie is so complete as to encompass all areas of the company or program (college) to give everything,” says the former director of the board of Anthropology National Museum.
4. Missing skills ‘key’. For more attitude and spirit of excellence you have, if the student lacks key features such as English, is not the time for the program. But this lack can become opportunity area below, indicates Juan Pablo Calderon.
Evaluation English is an official GMAT exam that most business schools have as an admission requirement. The average required by programs in the top 10 is above 600 points indicates the National Council of Science and Technology.
The director of Anahuac program ensures that the economic issue happens something similar. Although there are various financial support to pursue this expertise must be recognized if “your financial situation is very complicated.” Whether it’s time to put more stress or economic status to matter to decide whether the program today or later.
. 5. You cling to a ‘brand’ Each MBA course has a specific profile and if you’re not ready for a school to demonstrate that your profile is not interested, then do not want to ‘background’ program; perhaps only he interested in entering where he studied the boss or the place that is famous in your social nucleus.
“Not all programs fit with the candidate and must be able to recognize. London Business School has a financial approach, will seek that profile. Manchester School, on the other hand, is more focused on general industry “exemplifies Alejandro Cruz.
6. think best would learn on your own. Some professionals are ferrous MBA critics, arguing that it can reach the same business results if you study on your own. If you’re one of those self-taught may be no reason for the MBA, “but the feedback you gain in class, listen to the viewpoint of others, does not give the plan to teach yourself,” says Ana Luisa Mondragón.
7. Focus. ‘Triple pay’ Bring an economic motivator to take this expertise is not ‘sin’, but the choice of the program based solely on this factor can lead to frustration because the wage increase depends on more factors recalls Calderón Dávalos .
“To start with salaries may not be the highest, which is why the decision of this program needs to go under a personal project or career change,” proposes Alejandro Cruz.